The Perry Institute for Marine Science is hiring!
Are you an experienced aquarist or have an aquaculture background? Do you love your Bahamian coral reefs? The Perry Institute is looking for experienced aquarists for its Stony Coral Tissue Loss Disease (SCTLD) response team!
Position: Coral Rescue Aquarist (Full time)
Location: New Providence
- Coral culture and husbandry within The Bahamas’ first-ever coral rescue facility!
- Coral propagation
- Preparing materials for lab-work
- Data entry and report writing
- Bahamian citizen
- 3+ year’s experience in aquaculture or as aquarist (specific training in coral culture to be provided).
- Marine Science/ Biology background preferred
- Care and maintenance of aquarium systems
- Organizational and interpersonal skills
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Knowledge of basic computer software (Microsoft excel, Microsoft word, Google sheets, etc)
- Attention to detail
- Can work in a team environment
- Ability to follow detailed protocols for maintaining biosecurity
This position will primarily take place at a new biosecure coral rescue facility being created at Atlantis on Paradise Island in partnership between the Bahamian Government, Atlantis and The Perry Institute for Marine Science and will include care, maintenance, and propagation of corals in the facility. It will include desk work in terms of data entry and report writing. Specifically, we are looking for someone who is motivated to learn/retain various techniques. Efficient, detail oriented candidates with good communication skills are preferred.
Applicants cannot be allergic to amoxicillin.
Please send your CV and a cover letter to Dr. Craig Dahlgren (firstname.lastname@example.org) by September 1, 2022. Include in your CV the contact information for three (3) references.
Don’t miss a beat! Enter your email below to catch our latest research missions, stories and job opportunities.