The Perry Institute for Marine Science is hiring!
Are you an experienced diver? Do you love your Bahamian coral reefs? The Perry Institute is looking for experienced divers for their Stony Coral Tissue Loss Disease (SCTLD) response team!
Position: Coral Technician (Full time & Part time)
Location: New Providence and many family islands including Grand Bahama, Abaco and Eleuthera
- Coral health assessments
- SCTLD antibiotic treatments
- Preparing materials for fieldwork
- Data entry and report writing
- Bahamian citizen
- Certified Diver with more than 50 logged dives
- Marine Science/ Biology background is preferred
- Open availability
- Excellent diving skills
- Organizational and interpersonal skills
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Knowledge of basic computer software (Microsoft excel, Microsoft word, Google sheets, etc)
- Can work long hours in the field, including carrying diving equipment and other materials
- Can work in a team environment
- Ability to follow detailed instructions
- Small boat handling
This position will primarily take place in the field (ocean dives, shore dives, snorkeling, etc), but it will also include desk work in terms of data entry and report writing. Specifically, we are looking for someone that is motivated to learn and retain various scientific techniques. Efficient, detail-oriented candidates with good communication skills are preferred.
Applicants cannot be allergic to amoxicillin.
Please send your CV and a cover letter to Dr. Valeria Pizarro (email@example.com) by August 19th 2022. Include in your CV the contact information for three (3) references.
Don’t miss a beat! Enter your email below to catch our latest research missions, stories and job opportunities.